Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Love Lucy: The Fur Coat

Apologize for the lateness, been running behind with my work tonight.

I Love Lucy: The Fur Coat

Originally broadcast on CBS on Monday, December 10, 1951 at 9 PM ET.

Plot: Ricky is in hot water when he brings home a mink coat for his act and Lucy thinks it was meant for her as an anniversary present.

Analysis: This is just fantastically fun, given I think every man alive has had this happen at one time or another – forget an anniversary and something they brought home the wife thinks is for them. Once again, Lucy takes situations that anyone can relate to and makes us all laugh at them because of the familiarity.

The Bottom Line: Not a classic episode, but it is a very fun one with Ricky’s comeuppance at the end an absolute scream. Shows what a great comedy actor Desi was in his own right.

If you are interested in seeing The Fur Coat, it is included in two collections: I Love Lucy: The Complete First Season (http://www.amazon.com/Love-Lucy-Complete....97198253&sr=1-4) and I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (http://www.amazon.com/I-Love-Lucy-Comple....97198253&sr=1-1), depending on your funds and how much you love Lucy.

Next time, a step back to Meet the Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment